Finally, a real choice...
Current Account, provided by Killarney Credit Union, gives you a real choice for your day-to-day financial needs.
With instant access to your money through a Mastercard® Debit Card, a secure app and online portal, and mobile functionality, you can pay your bills, withdraw cash and pay at point of sale, anywhere in the world. Avail of great deals through the Mastercard Priceless website. Special offers for credit union members.
Current Account is a full service current account, brought to you by your credit union. It's more local, more trustworthy, and has our commitment to a sensible approach to money. With low and transparent fees, it's more of what you would expect from your local credit union.
A Debit Mastercard® accompanies the current account. The card will be sent to you by post, followed by a PIN by post a few days later. This Debit Mastercard® is linked to your new Current Account only and not to your existing Shares (Savings) or 98 Account. In the case of joint accounts, two debit cards can be issued on the one joint account.
CU Online Banking/Mobile App
We also ask you to apply for Online Banking on our website www.killarneycu.ie this will help you keep track of your transactions online, allowing you to transfer money into and out of your accounts. You can sign up for estatements, view transactions and set up payees and pay bills online. Once you are registered for Online Banking you can download our Mobile App for mobile banking on the go.
Current Account Fees and Charges
Fees and charges are payable on current accounts. (please refer to "Schedule of Fees and Charges" document available to download further down this page). Members aged 66 years and over and full-time students aged 16 years to 25 years inclusive are eligible to free banking.
Points to Note
- Current Account can be opened for an individual or joint accounts (two persons) only.
- Members aged 16 and 17 years can open a Current Account with parental/guardian consent. Consent forms are available in branch and online.
- Current Accounts to businesses, club and society or group accounts cannot be opened.
- Your Current Account is not eligible for a dividend.
- Current Account does not qualify for our insurance cover so only keep sufficient funds for everyday banking, all other funds should remain in your Shares (Savings) Account.
- Current Account has its own IBAN and BIC which can be used.
- It has a fully functional debit card with globally accepted Mastercard® Debit Card that can be used at any ATM and Point of Sale including online and contactless payments.
- You can manage your current account transfer and payments via online banking and mobile app.
- You can apply for an overdraft facility on your current account of up to €5,000. For those aged 18 or older Lending Terms & Conditions apply.
- You will need to use your Eircode when completing application form.
- A valid mobile number is required for account authorisation requests and verification.
Documents for download