WHAT IS THE GDPR?
The GDPR is a piece of EU legislation which will overhaul our current data protection legislation. It aims to strengthen and unify data protection for all EU individuals and in some cases those outside of the EU. It brings with it further obligations for organisations (like your credit union) who process your personal data in order that your personal data is fully respected. Processing is basically doing anything with, even storing, your personal data.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
The GDPR enhances your rights in respect of your personal data.
You have a right to:
- Information about our processing of your data, this is detailed in our Privacy Notice.
- Access your data, information, and copies of your data.
- Object to processing, including profiling/direct marketing.
- Restrict our use of your data while you challenge our processing.
- Erasure of your data in certain circumstances (aka ‘to be forgotten’).
- Rectify your data where it might be incomplete or inaccurate.
- Portability: Be sent a copy of your data in a machine readable format.
- Automated Decisions: Know about and intervene in automated decision making including profiling.
Update your communication preferences here