Have you ever borrowed from the credit union ?
Connect with the credit union and find out how easy it is to borrow.
Have you not borrowed in the past 3 years?
Connect with us and benefit from a great loan rate just for you.
Why is the Connect Loan for you?
- Allows new borrowers to build up a credit history.
- One of the lowest personal loan rate available in the credit union. Borrow for whatever purpose you require.
- More competitive interest rates than many credit cards or overdraft facilities available.
- Benefit from loan protection insurance at no added cost to you (subject to terms & conditions).
- Repayments to suit you - weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
- No application fees or early repayment charges.
- Simple, transparent application process for amounts borrowed under €3,000.
- You keep a minimum 5% of your savings in the credit union, so when your loan is cleared, you still have your savings intact.
Loan Repayment Table
|Amount||Term||APR*||Monthly Repayments||Number of Payments||Total Amount Repayable|
Typical APR Variable Connect Loan (First Time Borrower and Lapsed Borrower) 6.2% APR. Lending terms and conditions apply. Loans are subject to approval. Table is for illustration only and does not constitute a contract. Figures correct as at June 2017.
Warning Notice: If you do not meet the repayments in your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
- Completed application form - Simply call to any of our three branches and our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Proof of Identity - e.g. passport, driver’s license
- Proof of Current Address (last 3 months) - e.g bank statements, utility bill, social welfare letter, government document etc
- Proof of Income - e.g 3 most recent pay slips or social welfare payment receipts
- For Self Employed Members: Recent set of accounts (2 years), Tax Clearance Certificate, Completed Form 11
- Current Bank Statements may be required (last 3 months)
- Credit Card Statements may be required (last 3 months)
Connect Loan Terms & Conditions
- Available to first time borrowers or members that have not borrowed in the last 36 months. i.e. loan completed in full over 36 months ago.
- Maximum loan amount available is €5,000.
- The borrower must be a member of Killarney Credit Union for at least 6 months.
- A share balance must be held against the loan as collateral.
- Loans will be granted based on a person's ability to repay.
- First time loan interest rate will expire at the end of the term of loan, or top-up, whichever comes first. Should a member decide to top-up a Connect Loan early, they will automatically move up to the Personal Loan rate of 10.5%.
- We may seek your permission to complete a credit check with your loan application.
- The board of directors may choose to amend, change or cancel this promotional loan at any time.
Download the information leaflet as a PDF