Make life a little easier by spreading the cost of household bills over 12 months. A bills loan allows you to meet the cost of household expenses throughout the year, while also allowing you to hold onto current savings and budget accordingly.
- You have a range of repayment options to suit your circumstances.
- Killarney Credit Union makes a cheque payable to the bill provider/s on receipt of the bill.
- You can borrow up to €5,000 during the term.
- You can use the bills loan for many different purposes e.g. car tax/insurance, property tax, water charges, house insurance, health insurance, tuition costs, heating costs etc. It is very suitable for annual reoccurring bills.
- You benefit from loan protection insurance at no added cost (terms & conditions applies).
- No set up charge or account fees.
- You can protect your loan with repayment protection insurance (terms & conditions applies).
- You can avail of free life, disability and critical illness cover on your loan (terms & conditions applies).
- Quick approval for smaller loans.
- As your loan decreases, so does your interest repayments.
Loan Repayment Table
|Amount||Term||APR*||Weekly Repayments||Total Cost of Credit|
Typical APR variable bills loan rate (8.5% APR). Lending terms and conditions apply. Loans are subject to approval. Table is for illustration only and does not constitute a contract. Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may effect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
- Completed application form - Simply call to any of our three branches and our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Proof of Identity - e.g. passport, driver’s license Proof of Current Address (last 3 months) e.g bank statements, utility bill, social welfare letter, government document etc
- Proof of Income e.g 3 most recent pay slips or social welfare payment receipts
- For Self Employed Members: 2 most recent years Notice of Assessment and accounts Tax Clearance Certicate
- Current Bank Statements may be required (last 3 months)
- Credit Card Statements may be required (last 3 months)
- Other information deemed necessary by the credit union
Bill Loan Loan Terms & Conditions
- Maximum term is 12 months.
- Maximum loan amount is €5,000 (net of shares).
- Member will be asked to complete an estimate of bills for the year.
- Weekly payment is recommended for this loan product.
- You can avail of 1 top up during the term, but it cannot extend beyond the 12 month term.
- The full amount of the loan is drawn down together and lodged into a sub account.
- Payment is made by cheque to the bill provider through the credit union, once bills are supplied by the member.
- We make seek your permission to undertake a credit bureau check with your loan application.